The electrics in your home will suffer from wear and tear over the years or simply get damaged in day to day use.

Damaged or faulty wiring is one of the main causes of fire in the home.  This can be reduced by simple regular checkups.

There are visible signs which can help you tell the age of the system in you home such as:

  • Fixed cables in black rubber
  • Fixed cables in fabric or lead
  • Fuse boxes fixed to a wooden backing
  • Older wired fuses instead or trip switches
  • Older round pin light sockets
  • Light switches or sockets mounted in skirtings
  • Light switches in bathrooms

However old your wiring might be every property should be inspected and a

“condition report”¬†created every 10 years or when you move into a new property.